Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September Summary

By: Carrie Clymer

September has flown by and I can't believe it is already October. The semester will be over before we know it. During the first month, the class determined the groups and set up the blog for the group discussions. Sarah was wonderful with quickly setting up the blog and I am so very thankful for that. This is my first time using and interacting with a blog. As everyone can tell, I need a lot more practice with using the blog. Hopefully I get better soon!

I was placed in a group with three wonderful women that are great to work with. For the first part of the group assignment, Jen emailed the group to get the ball rolling. Jen proposed we split the work into two groups. We decided to team up and email our individual work to Jen by Saturday. Sarah and Jen will work on Rachel DuBois, and Nina and I will work on researching Madame CJ Walker.

So far in this semester, I am feeling very overwhelmed and scared, but I am hopeful this feeling goes away very soon. I am looking forward to the rest of the semester with you all.

Posted Comments in Blog: Nina's September Summary and Sarah's September Summary

6 comments:

  1. Overwhelmed seems to a trend for many of us. I fell behind at the beginning and have been playing catch up ever since.

    You have an advantage in the way that your blog and assignments have been divided and distributed within the group. I am going to suggest this with my groups in this course and my other two.

    Keep pressing on and you'll get into the flow and the overwhelmed feelings will subside. That is what I have always found in college courses and the reason why I haven't dropped any of my courses so far. I know we all can press on and get through this busy part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... overwhelmed is the word most of us would use, or have used, this semester. Over the years of taking classes, I have found that I always have "a moment" where I doubt myself and wonder whether I am capable. And weeks later when the class is over, I have a good laugh at myself. I remind myself to keep it all in perspective.
    It sounds like you have awesome group members.... ! Together, you will make it through.
    Darcey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is overwhelmed. I knew graduate classes would be tough but this get the blood going. I do think if you get support from you team and everyone else you will make. That's what I am counting on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very simple, but effective plan. Sounds like you are working well as a group. The blog looks great and I really love to see the boldness you have to launch out into new things. And I am with all the other comments about being overwhelmed. But it looks like we are all getting through this one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't feel overwhelmed. I felt like that at the beginning, and my roommate felt the same way. And we have found that if you set aside to work on this class and stick to that schedule then you will will find that it makes the works more manageable to attack. So far it looks like you and your group is doing a wonderful job, so I would stick with the same plans if I were you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is nice to see that at the start here that you and your team get a long very well. I don't know if being scared will ever go away because this is the major league of education. You have high expectation of yourself and it will always be a little scary. Good luck, it looks like you are off to a promising start.

    ReplyDelete